Tuesday 19 July 2011

Distance Makes the Heart Grow Fonder

"Missing someone gets easier every day because even though you are one day further from the last time you saw them, you are one day closer to the next time you will."
Yesterday my boyf flew to America for a work trip for a couple of weeks and it made me realise how much I missed him and how different it was without him around. The last time we experienced it was when I was in Sydney for work so it's not our first time-but regardless it still has an impact on you especially if you see that someone on a daily basis! Actually we used to have a 'mini' long-distance relationship when we were in our teens if you can even call it that as we lived in different cities! That feels soo long ago...those times were more difficult as we were young and just at the beginning of our relationship.

It's interesting for us how we have both experienced the different sides to a long distance relationship as a result of work trips abroad-never expected to be doing it so early on in our careers haha! But it's definitely another stepping stone in a relationship and inevitably makes the relationship stronger. Personally for me, I believe that "Trust", "Honesty" and "Communication" are the key factors in creating a long-lasting relationship (and love obviously!) especially trust. If you don't trust your other half, no matter how near or far they are from you- the relationship will not last. So when my boyf told me he will be taken to strip clubs, bars and clubs where there will be lots of scantily-clad women... I was like "Hey, you know I totally TRUST you....!!!" >.<

I have so much respect for couples that are in long-distance relationships as it takes so much to make it work being so far apart and not being able to see each other-however if it works, it's a great indicator of how strong your relationship is and is totally worth it in the end. 


No comments:

Post a Comment